Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ok, I have to say I didn't know how much fun it would be getting on facebook! After prompting from a few friends, Eric and I both joined last week and we've had so much fun connecting with people from high school, college and everywhere else! It's funny to see who pops up on a daily basis...if you haven't tried it, you should!We seem to have a friendly contest going to see who "wants to be my friend." I guess it's time we joined the younger world.My energy from entertaining the kids for the summer is about drained, but I have one last hurrah in me. With only one week of summer left, we are celebrating with "Mommy Camp." I have a different outing planned every day and themed activities to go with it (thank you, familyfun.com). Yesterday was hiking in the canyon, going on a treasure hunt, identifying butterflies and leaves, and then root beer floats after dinner. Today is water day, tomorrow is Movie day, Thursday is "help others" and cooking day, and Friday will be beach day! We did this last year and the kids had a blast. I'll post photos soon.We went to Walking with Dinosaurs on Saturday (free tickets from Eric's co-worker) and it was pretty amazing. Life sized dinosaurs roamed the floor of the Honda Center in Anaheim (where the Ducks play). They told the story of the dinosaur, and were very realistic looking. All of the kids enjoyed it, and they really didn't get scared. When the t-rex roar filled the stadium, it made me want to crawl under my seat! That's about all in our world. I hope you are all enjoying the end of summer/beginning of school. Halloween will be here before we know it!

1 comment:

Vicki Banta said...

Brady has gotten on facebook this past week. I haven't caved yet. I'm trying to catch up on lost time with the Lord right now!!!! He loves it!